You can do even more
Want to give us the best chance of reaching our goal? Sharing the petition with friends and praying for this issue are the first vital steps. But there are also some further, practical actions we’d love for you to take, if you’re able. Read on to find out more about making a difference!
Let your local MP know that you have signed
Raise awareness of the Campaign for a Covid-free world by contacting your MP and letting them know about the petition and your stance on just access to the Covid-19 vaccine.
We’ve provided a template letter here to make contacting your MP as easy as possible. You might like to take the time to ask how they are and to let them know that you are praying for them as well. And if your church has helped in other ways during this pandemic, such as providing community volunteering or becoming a vaccination centre, do let them know. Make sure you include your address as well, so they know you are their constituent.
Want further resources?
- The European Baptist Federation (EBF) have made this seminar available which features medical experts from different European countries: Why Vaccination Matters
- A wide variety of theological and practical resources can be found on the Churches Together England website here.
- Prayer resources on the vaccine can be found on the Baptists Together website here and here, and on the Joint Public Issues Team (JPIT) website here.
- Political resources for churches about the Coronavirus can also be found on the JPIT website here.
- A video of church leaders encouraging vaccine take up can be found here.